Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: AG Returns question...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, so, this last Christmas, my parents bought me AGT24, the new blonde GOT with freckles and brown eyes. I really like her, but then Marisol came out ... since I already have a brown eyed, blonde AGOT, I'm kind of having heart pangs for Marisol, especially since she has a different face shape.

    So I'm wondering - my new AGOT is still in perfect shape, but I don't have the packing reciept/bill. Will they still let me return it and exchange it for a Marisol? I'm really at odds and ends as to which I want more. If I can't return my doll, will Marisol still be available next Christmas?

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I've returned things without a receipt or record of payment of any kind. I've never returned anything that didn't have something wrong with it, though. You can call american girl CS and see what they say. Ebay is another option. My DD has Brooke(AGT24) and Marisol and they're both beautiful. IMO I don't think Marisol will still be available at Christmas time. PS's are telling people to buy her now before she runs out.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 20, 2005 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am pretty sure you can return it without a recipt. For Christmas I received two Samantha Coats. I got one from my aunt and another from someone else. I returned the one my aunt gave me without a recipt. They took it and I put the money towards Marisol.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member shuffar's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    163
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would say no. You've had the doll since Christmas. That's been 7 months already, going on 8. They may have allowed it shortly after Christmas, maybe like a month later. But it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. Your next option is ebay, but you would probably be taking a loss since I would hope you wouldn't sell a 'used' doll for more than people can buy it from the company.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I seriously doubt Marisol will be available by Christmas, especially since that's the biggest retail season. I'd put her on eBay with a pretty high reserve and see what happens. If your reserve isn't met, then you're only out the listing fees, which aren't very much to begin with. Some people have been known to pay more than the new value of the doll, and if someone is within driving distance, they might be willing to pay a little more to avoid shipping costs. It's worth a try!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by shuffar:
    Your next option is ebay, but you would probably be taking a loss since I would hope you wouldn't sell a 'used' doll for more than people can buy it from the company.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In today's local paper (you never know what will sell on eBay):

    CHILD?S PLAY:
    Allison Brewer and her husband David of Pine Bluff were recently having a dinner-table debate. Allison, who?s been selling items ? mostly clothing her children have outgrown ? on eBay for a while now, said that she could sell anything he could think of on eBay.
    He disagreed. "OK, since you can sell anything; sell this," he said, picking up the empty jar of peach cobbler baby food she?d just fed to their 8-monthold daughter.
    So she did ? for $22.50 (plus $3.85 for shipping). Her pitch? She titled her item (#5590108060): "Empty Baby Food Jar - Help Me Prove My Husband Wrong!!!" She also detailed their bet: If she sold the jar for an undisclosed amount, she?d get a weekend getaway. If she didn?t, her husband would get a threemonth break from household chores.
    For extra measure, Allison added two adorable photos of their daughter, Katie Beth.
    She scored 19 bids and 3,700 hits but came up a few dollars short (she had to sell it for $30 or more).
    She didn?t get her trip. But since she works nights as a nurse, David won?t get his break from chores. The jar? It?s now a family keepsake. The San Antonio-based buyer didn?t want it; she just wanted to aid Allison.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with the previous posts: you've had her for too long for AG to take her back, but you may want to call and check. If she is mint in the box, they may accept her as an exchange.
    ebay is an option, and I have seen dolls selling higher than catalog price.
    Another question: do you like both dolls? If so, can you ask somebody (or somebodies) to give you a "Christmas in July" loan towards Mari and count it as your holiday present?
    She is definitely going to sell out before the holidays!
    Best of luck and keep us posted on the decission.
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is still mint in box, but ... it has been a long time. And I'm already attached to her.

    I think the Christmas in July loan is a good idea. My family's in a pinch financially right now, but my mom's never had a problem with buying Christmas things in advance and putting them away, so I'll wait a month and talk to her about it. Plus, another thing occured to me - the Elizabeth doll is being released. I doubt I'll want another blonde doll, but I'm certain there will be a lot of clothes and accessories I do want.

    Thanks, guys. Sometimes it's just nice to have a sounding board [img]smile.gif[/img] . I wish they would release the special edition dolls before Christmas rather than after.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •